To ensure a smooth and fully functional installation of the NuvlaEdge (NE), please make sure you comply with the following system requirements.
The NuvlaEdge software is compliant with any OS that officially and fully supports Docker. We recommend one of the following:
- Debian (and Debian variants like Raspbian and Raspberry Pi OS)
Other Docker-compliant Linux distributions should also work, but the NuvlaEdge functionality will be subject to the level of Docker support the OS provides.
Functionalities like the automatic discovery and categorization of peripherals are not guaranteed for macOS and Windows.
In order to install the NuvlaEdge and ensure its smooth execution over time, your device should have at least:
- 512MB of RAM
- 2GB of free disk space
- Supported CPU architectures: AArch32, AArch64 and x86_64
If you are looking at an application with constrained hardware, especially in terms of memory size, please get in touch. Some components in the NuvlaEdge architecture are optional and can be removed to save memory. Of course it’s a tradeoff.
An remember that you should leave enough memory to host the apps that will be running on the edge device.
Before you can install the NuvlaEdge, please make sure you have:
- Docker Engine (version 18 or higher), running in Swarm mode
- Docker Compose (version 1.27.4 or higher)
You need an internet connection.
The NuvlaEdge requires the following ports to be opened:
- 443: Outbound: Default HTTPS port. Used by NuvlaEdge to communicate with Nuvla via HTTPS (https://nuvla.io).
- 1194: Outbound: UDP connection to vpn.nuvlaedge.com in case VPN is decided to be used for communication with the edge device managed by NuvlaEdge.
Extended port usage here.
|Version||Avg. Memory (MB)||Disk usage (MB)||Release|